Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Whitney is bad at regular posting: Wednesday, September 4th!

I'm sorry it's taken so long Booboo. I have had little energy and too many things to try to make sure I'm doing. Let me try to recap:

My "classy" drinking look
I'm not entirely proud of this.
After my wine shenanigans Saturday night, I don't remember a whole lot. I tried to do Italian things and ended up waking up a bit confused. I don't recall Sunday being incredibly eventful. I had work at 12, and I don't think I really did anything productive up until that point. I haven't been sticking to my workout schedule well at all, but I think that's going to have to start happening again now that I'm getting used to the school schedule. Justin and I went to Belle Isle because I wanted to play with my camera. We ended up just barely outrunning an epic storm. I still got a couple pictures though.

Tell Justin he's pretty.

Monday was also not very productive, but Justin and I did go out for big kid drinks at The Daily (fancy place, fake trees). I started with a Baked Apple (amazing), Justin started with a Whiskey Sour. He liked mine so much that he had one next, and I had a Pomegranate Mojito. We also had macaroni and spinach & artichoke dip. Both yummy. We won't be doing that for a while, because those things cost money and we don't have that.














Monday night photos:

Round 1
 
Round 2

This.
Tuesday consisted of my frantic attempts to finish work and get to my 9:30 class, which ended up being pretty fun with the van Dyke- making. Then Italian happened, and I found out I didn't do so badly on my quiz (88). I have another lesson to teach you, which will follow the updates.


Tuesday photos:
Boosh being cute in my closet cubby.

Yumminess.
Me taking a picture of my picture developing outside.
Before the epic "wash"




















Wednesday (today):
  
Yerp.
Italian, Concepts (we discussed artists and project ideas), and Digital Printing. Nothing epic or eventful. Spent the day doing homework. Just made some steamfresh mac and cheese with veggies in it. It's actually pretty good.
















My doodling has reached a ridiculous level (these are just from today):




Italian lesson time!

Whitney's Italian Lessons: Part 2

SOME MORE PHRASES/WORDS:

Non capisco I don't understand
Non lo so I don't know
Che [keh] significa / Che voldire? What does...mean?
Come si dice [dee-cheh]? How do you say...?
Come si pronuncia? How do you pronounce...?
Come si scrive? How do you write?
Ripeta, per favore. Repeat  (formal)
Ripeti, per favore. Repeat (informal)
Pronto hello (phone)

Responses:
Molto lieto/lieta delighted
No c'è male not too bad

1uno2due3tre4quattro5cinque6sei7sette8otto9nove10dieci 
11undici12dodici13tredici14quattordici15quindici16sedici 
17diciassette18diciotto19dicionnove20venti21ventiuno
22ventidue23ventitrè24ventiquattro25venticinque26ventisei
27ventisette28ventotto29ventinove30trenta31trentuno

LEARNIN' DEM VERBS

Singulare
io I
tu you
Lei you (formal)
lei she
lui he

Plurale
noi we (io e Maria)
voi y'all (tu e Maria)
Loro  you (formal)
loro they


STARE: to be (condition), to stay/remain
io sto
tu stai
Lei sta
lui/lei sta
noi stiamo
voi state
Loro stanno
loro stanno

 
That's about all I have for Italian for today. Maybe I'll start posting you little sentences to complete or something, I don't know. Spice things up a smidge.


I hope you Italian adventures are treating you well, and that your courseload/sheer need for books hasn't overcome you. You're pretty. Miss you friend.

Pooksington

No comments:

Post a Comment