Sunday, September 1, 2013

Bailey: IT'S SEPTEMBER, WHITNEY

Dearest Pooky,

     I highly enjoyed your video. Here is my response:



     I figured you might enjoy some weird videos. So I went to my first Roman Catholic church today! Ahh! Cat and I adventured on the bus system for the first time, like ever. Our program leaders always warned us that though it's easy to sneak on the buses and not buy a ticket there's like, that teeny weeny chance you might get caught by these bus police peeps who check if you have your ticket. They told us if they catch you it's fifty euros on the spot, if you ain't got that it's a hundred. So Cat and I certainly bought some tickets. Lo and behold the bus police peeps came on and asked us in awful Italian/English if we had stamped our ticket. Whoops. She took pity on us since we clearly forgot to speak English and told us we were off the hook for not stamping them, and showed us how so we wouldn't get fined next time. Talk about a stroke of luck. 
     Once we got to the bus station as directed by Becca (whom we were to meet), we realized we forgot to ask her what car she was picking us up in... So we awkwardly ambled on, this was about 8:30 am, until 9:30 am, when her and her conveniently attractive host brother showed up. Here are some products of said amble:

 



     (The picture arranging function is seriously the pits)

The lovely Roman bus station.

     We went to breakfast, where the extremely hot host brother generously bought me coffee. Okay, he bought Cat and I breakfast, but I drank most of the coffee. We got to listen to him and some of his friends talk dat pretty Italiano, and I stared at some dogs. They allow dogs everywhere here, like in the cafes and malls. You would like this. You would really like this. OH, and we got to ride in an Italian car. On Italian roads. Like, 'legit' isn't a legit enough word for the experience we had today.

     The ceremony was awesome. Like, I knew what they were singing, but it wasn't in English, so I felt really out of place when I started singing in English. I proceeded to sing in my head and eye-stalk this family across the aisle. A child fell. It's little baby adorable brother laughed. I liked this. After church we went to the biggest mall I've ever been in. I'm talking like four friggin' stories with stores I've never heard of and stores I've only seen in magazines. IT WAS AWESOME. We were there for quite a few hours, and my feet hurt, but I have pretty new Italian clothes (I am NOT sorry). I'll selfie some to you tomorrow, since it's my first day of class and all. Oh but wait, I conveniently foresaw this...

I'm not even a model

     The lunch! More pizza, sorrynotsorry

 
 


Romana Pizza- the anchovies were kinda unsettling, but the seasoning was delicious
     Then we headed to Italian Walmart! Who knew! IT'S AMAZING. I got five new notebooks. They either don't have spiral bound or they refuse to mass produce those bad boys because I ended up with notebooks that were bound. Like, they resemble coloring books (thank you Jenneya, for the comparison). Since I couldn't find a variety pack that suited my taste, i.e. one with carnivorous birds sans "cuddle puppy," I chose 3 Avengers, 1 Pokemon, and 1 tiger. All from the 1-2 grade bin. I also got a folder that had autumn trees on it. You know how I feel about autumn. You know how I feel about SEPTEMBER.
     We went to the produce section for funsies, and dear baby Jesus it was fresh. < Name that movie.





Then there was this...
     Cat and I made our way back home after our extravaganza, and I had a lovely three hour skype chat with the sorely missed Slayden Adele. I got a teensy bit homesick, but then I saw this:


MUAHAHAHAHAHA
>:D

     Anyway, I have two classes tomorrow, ayyeee! I have Medieval History and European Nationalism, so I got my Pokemon and tiger notebooks at the ready. I'll give ya an update/incessantly facebook message you because I feel awkward around people. You know how I feel about people. I hate people. So expect a lot of messages! Night Pooky!

-Boobsy Tubesy

No comments:

Post a Comment