Thursday, September 5, 2013

Bailey: Thursday Sept 5

Friend;

     It's all right, I barely have time to watch Psych. I have all this reading to do for classes, the nerve of some professors. Don't they know what's important? 
     I'm very impressed at your ability to photograph under the influence. I mean, dude you took selfies. While hammered. If it was with the new fancy camera, then I believe people should hire you for this practical skill. If it was an iphone, then that's just sad. < Remind me to tell you about history class. Justin's pretty, I like your sassy horse (why is that your forte?), and why is Maria your friend in the examples? Who is Maria? I think you know what name to use next time. *bridesmaids stare*

     Erkeh, let's see. Monday was my first day of classes, because, as we figured out before I left, Italy doesn't celebrate Labor Day! Surprise! My first day of school went as follows: went for a run (overachiever), did my morning routine (minus my second cup of coffee, dang espresso makers), walked to campus super early to make sure I could find my way, took a selfie, "got to class," sat "in class" for half an hour due to late professor, professor enters, starts talking about mythology, awkwardly fumble out of class because I didn't sign up for mythology, stumble upstairs to the correct classroom, and realize my class was let out early. Awesome start, eh? 

     Well, it was about 10:30 am (4:30 am your time) and I was like, whatevs, might as well walk to the other campus and wait for my next class which is at "11." If you notice, the quotations marks foreshadow my STUPIDITY. I get over there, start reading les mis, notice it's 10:45, and excitedly march downstairs because I know exactly where class is. Once 11:00 passed, I got antsy and figured classes might be running late. On came 11:15, oh what? That's interesting, CLASS STARTS AT 11:30 BAILEY. I WAITED FOR AN HOUR IN A HALLWAY. STANDING. AWKWARDLY. WHILE THIS CLEANING WOMAN KEPT CIRCLING ME BECAUSE SHE NEEDED TO CLEAN WHERE I WAS STANDING FOR AN HOUR. 
     I took another selfie.

     This was European Nationalism, and I love it. My professor has the most INTENSE Italian accent, and his voice scares me awake when he goes too low (i.e. loud). It's so funny to realize how much we don't learn about the world. It's apparent we're already supposed to have knowledge in European events and South American events but for the life of me the only thing I can remember learning about in high school (and college for that matter) about South America involves the Incas and Mayans. Yeah, not as up to date as I should be. All the Italian students are nodding along like "si, si, si" and I'm sitting there scribbling notes and realizing I'm going to be living in the library if I want to pass this class. Challenge accepted. Oh, and here's the creepy corner of the library that I've moved in to, isn't it magical?

    Tuesday's classes were awesome but another reality check- history of the Atlantic world and a study into Dickens. So ya, ma ish. Ho questo merda (I keep trying to make that work but it doesn't translate correctly). Both professors are very much smarty pants, but seriously if I have to listen to another nonhistory student say something "profound" about how biased history is, Ima smack em with my Turabian. I ended the day with a lot of homework. But I made really yummy homemade pizza with artichoke. NOTICE how there is a coffee mug in each photo. INDICATING that I finally figured out how to make not crappy coffee!!!! A lot of sugar and milk is involved but hey, I'm happy.

     Yesterday's excitement was going with Cat down to the Tiber to "tan," aka sit sketchily and watch families ride bikes. We're not entirely sure if tanning is legal. Paranoia man.

A boat.
A bridge.


A selfie. (Dose dead eyes)

A tree.
     Today was most exciting because I had my art history class on cities, towns, and villas of Rome, Ostia, and Pompeii. My professor is ADORBS. She's so friggin' enthusiastic about what she's teaching so it's super contagious. We went to the Circus Maximus, which was like a racing stadium. Imagine the Raceway but like, thousands of years ago. We were sitting at the base of a fountain while she gave us the syllabus talk, and you know she never actually told us what the fountain was... BUT I GOT PICTURES.

Someone lost their head, eh? Eh? Hehehe
     So this side of the fountain needs some serious attention for the following pictures.


     So this guy's all the way on the left, you know, with some casual dragon gators at his feet.





     Then you've got this set in the middle. First, let's talk about that horse. That thing's maniacal as all get out. Then you've got the Mr. Chris down at the bottom left with his nonexistent fingers saying "Get the kids on the bus, leave me, save yourselves." And then there's like, zombie bro hanging out inside Mr. Chris's armpit, just hangin'. 


And then this guy. All the way on the right. You know what to do, Whitney, you know what to do.

     Now I've organized all my work that needs to be done before Monday and am getting ready to go out with Jenneya. I'm testing out how lazy I can get before people call me out on it. I'll show you what I mean. Also, I'm going to Tuscany this weekend for my program! Yay! Wine tasting! We're going to Montepulciano and Cortona, you know I'll have pictures. And stories. 
     Hmm, I'm trying to think if I have anything else. It's shark week so all I've been eating is bananas and peanut butter, but I'm breaking my one day no gelato streak and will be giving in to temptation tonight >:D (I'm sorry Jesus)



Roman life, man.



     Tell Eva I miss her, and tell Casey she's 'koo,' and um ya, peace brah.

-Boobsterleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment